Intex pump/sand filter upgrade

JeffChap:

The only adapters necessary to connect it to your Intex pool were the ones you purchased at Leslies?

Correct. You'll also need some way to turn it on and off. It has no power switch. I bought a $20 outdoor timer from Home Depot.

It's a beast too. I can run the regular return, the Intex robot, and a fountain all at the same time.

Well, I couldn't pass on this deal, so look what arrive to my home just now...
04d8e1a1314581ac6a34098685438fd0.jpg

54090fc4a9df9adb9f85eaaa7fa20357.jpg

59fad7e6bfd3dd42da6c59dc1ae35ce5.jpg

The sand tank is huge in comparison with the 16" Intex tank at the left... This couple with 2 Intex SWG running in parallel will be my next project... ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I couldn't pass on this deal, so look what arrive to my home just now...

Good for you! If you're used to the Intex, you won't believe how quiet this pump is too. From the far side of the pool, I can hardly tell it's running.

Piolin....Having second thoughts. The Intex pump/sand filter may go back...the pump you just purchased is rated for 4500 gph/but what's the actual flow rate? Can you tell?
The 1 hp Intex is rated at 3000 gph/2450 gph actual flow..
thanks

I really don't. My only other pump was a 1600 gph Intex, and it's a lot more than that. I can run my eyeball return wide open and the Intex robot at the same time.

Welcome to the TFP method..There's lots of posts to help you with hard plumbing with PVC. Many have done it successfully. These guys have been a great help to me. The first thing to do is complete the signature with your pool and equipment info, it will be easier to answer your questions correctly...

Create Your Signature - Further Reading​

Is the Intex setup better than this one?
RAYPAK - PROTEGE 18 INCH SAND FILTER SYSTEM WITH 1.0 HP PUMP?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.