East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My unit is giving me 124 error codes. Only happen when water temperature gets too hot. The AquaPure reads temperature about 10 degrees higher than the spa itself. So it get into trouble when water temperature on spa gets to 95 and error 124 comes on (as well as high temp).

I read the literature online and 124 suggested replace back board. So I bought a back board R0404100 but that unit does not seem to fit. Seems like my AquaPure requires R0467600.

Why are there two different parts and no warning about differences? I assume I must switch to the one that fits my unit? Which is older design? Is this likely going to fix y temperature issue?

It is either the PIB or cell. Here is how you check which one needs to be replaced.

With code 124 showing remove the cord from the cell. (Do this while the 124 code is present and the production rate is 100%)

After 4 minutes, is the code 124 or 123? (The unit updates the codes approximately every 2 minutes).

Replace the cell and cord if it shows code 123.

Replace the PIB if it shows code 124.

I will check next weekend. In the meantime, the other issue I have is that the AquaPure 1400 consistently reads a water temperature 20 degrees higher than actual. So it reads 123 degrees when water is 103. Changing sensor did not help. Temperature cannot be calibrated. I suspect the board, but just a guess (only other possibility is cell)

So I replaced the board and got two improvements and one new issue: The temperature on the board now matches the temperature of the spa (maybe 1 degree or two higher, but not significant). Also, I am not getting 124 errors anymore.

HOWEVER, I can no longer connect the SPA AquaPure to the Jandy system. I have both a pool and a spa AquaPure and Rev R Jandy. They all co-existed online together for many years. When I put in the new board in the SPA AquaPure, both AquaPures came offline on the Jandy. As soon as the SPA unit went off, the Pool unit worked again. I am guessing that the Jandy system is recognizing both AquaPure units as AquaPure 1 so there is a conflict when both connected. Do I need to do something so the SPA is recognized as AquaPure 2 like it used to be?

I figured out how to get both AquaPures on. Needed to change the "address" jumper on the replacement board. Not sure what manual this is in, but it did the trick. Temperature reading is still very off, but unit not giving 124 errors

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.