Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28669

Makdaddy

Jul 23, 2012
Springfield Illinois
My Old Saltron retro died
My wife wants to keep the SWG.
So this claims to go up to 15000 Gallons

Im a little leary

Looking for a good replacement system. maybe this will get me thru the rest of this season.

any advice is appreciated.
Any real experience with this unit on a larger AGP?
I see folks using them on smaller pools

I have two in series. Been working great for two months. See http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/119039-Intex-Salt-Water-Generator-(SWG)-for-in-ground-pool-(IGP)-Model-ECO-8110-28669EG
I have been running both swg 6 hours 3 hours a day to maintain chlorine level. Originally purchased two swg for $100/piece total $200 for both. I do not expect it to last as long as a $900+ system, but It will pay for itself in less that one year time. Without the SWG, I would be dumping $45/month of chlorine/chemicals during the hot south Florida summer months. Amazon selling the unit for $126 right now.

Also use this chart to compare the chlorine output of your old unit vs the Intex and others:
http://www.discountsaltpool.com/Salt-System-Comparison.php

I have two in series. Been working great for two months. See http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/119039-Intex-Salt-Water-Generator-(SWG)-for-in-ground-pool-(IGP)-Model-ECO-8110-28669EG
I have been running both swg 6 hours a day to maintain chlorine level. Originally purchased two swg for $100/piece total $200 for both. I do not expect it to last as long as a $900+ system, but It will pay for itself in less that one year time. Without the SWG, I would be dumping $45/month of chlorine/chemicals during the hot south Florida summer months. Amazon selling the unit for $126 right now.

Also use this chart to compare the chlorine output of your old unit vs the Intex and others:
http://www.discountsaltpool.com/Salt-System-Comparison.php

Thanks
I think Ill try one for the rest of the summer
You post helped

I used one for several years until lightning took it out two weeks ago. Of course lightning will take out almost everything. The biggest complaint I had was that it had to be rest after any power blip. Vacations are especially vulnerable times if no one is there to reset it. For the money and the remainder of the summer, it is an economical option. You DO NOT want the version with the copper anodes.

I used one for several years until lightning took it out two weeks ago. Of course lightning will take out almost everything. The biggest complaint I had was that it had to be rest after any power blip. Vacations are especially vulnerable times if no one is there to reset it. For the money and the remainder of the summer, it is an economical option. You DO NOT want the version with the copper anodes.

what wrong with the copper anode?

the "how many hours to run" settings are retained after power loss on this newer model. I have my Intex SWG wired to pump timer (ie powers on when the pump is running)

So got it installed Sunday
GFI keeps tripping, Tried another outlet still trips.even with the unit turned off
Waiting to hear back from Intex
I heard these GFI had issues , some folks just put a plug on it?
I have GFI at the breaker , so that wouldnt be an issue for me and safety.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I put a regular plug on mine gfci plug failed first week.

Is it OK to start and stop just on pump timer? Manual says pump should be running some before and then after swcg. Obviously if it doesn't get flow it just goes into fault mode and recovers automatically when flow is detected. I'm putting a new pump timer in this weekend and been debating plugging this into same or using a second timer that allows for some offset.

If you watch it carefully after you turn it on, you'll notice that it takes about 20 seconds or so before it really kicks on and starts generating. I've had my pump and SWG on the same timer for years with no problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.