SLAM done - now what

Jun 5, 2016
Bethesda
Last week I have followed the SLAM method to get rid of mustard and green algae. I have a 33000 gallon pool, CYC 60, PH 7.2, TA 100. My current FC is 6.5, CC is 0, but during SLAMing the FC was 45. Now the pool looks clear. My question is what do I do next to maintain this. Before joining this forum, I will be doing weekly shocking, but since here we don't do shocking, what is my weekly testing schedule and when do I do next SLAM?

Thanks in advance.

Here's the basic pool care schedule: Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

You'll be happy to know we only SLAM when/if needed. Some of the reasons include algae showing up, CCs above 0.5 ppm, FC dropping to zero, or a contamination event. Some people SLAM when they notice higher than expected daily chlorine demand.

Some of what you said suggests you may not have been following the TFP SLAM procedure. For example, I'm not able to find why you would have SLAMed at 45 ppm FC. This link describes the SLAM procedure. Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain and this link describes the mustard algae procedure. Pool School - Mustard Algae

Thanks for all the response. I did follow the TFP SLAM method, for yellow mustard the FC chlorine level was 45 for CYC 70. That's why I went so high.

I was using Calcium Hychoride 73%, but now using Costco Liquid chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.