Need help with Hayward sp2603vs wall mount control

matthewfrance

Gold Supporter
Jun 26, 2016
Denham Springs, LA
After weeks of delays and rain, the pool builder will hopefully install our 24' Doughboy in the now not-so-muddy pit in the backyard on Monday..
I've taken advantage of the delays and installed and plumbed the pump and filter.
I purchased the wall mount kit for the detachable control panel on the sp2603vsp and I'm having some trouble wiring it correctly.
The manual has a wiring diagram this is not accurate to the actual connections on the control board. There is a socket marked "wall mount display"for a terminal block on the back of the control board, but neither the pump nor the wall mount kit included a terminal block, so I'm extending the existing wires that are on the factory pigtail mounted to the pump.
If anyone has been successful in wiring the control board, or if you could simply tell me which color wire from the control board pigtail goes to which terminal on the factory wired terminal block on the pump (I disconnected it without noting the wiring)I believe I'd be all set.
Right now I have it wire:
orange=red
orange/white=Yellow
blue/white=black
blue=green
Thank You in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 28
Hard to tell but in the second picture on the display it looks like there is a terminal block it's labeled Wall Mount Display aka J1 it's just that the PCB is upside down. If you remove the screws on the blue board is there a green terminal block under there? If not I would ohm out the pins on the factory display P1 over to the pins on J1 one for one so you can be sure what translates into pin 1, 2, 3, & 4. I would guess they run in either the same order or are at most rolled.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.