Adding chemicals- stabilizer

Jul 13, 2016
Creston, Iowa
Hi there, I have had my new pool up and running for a week now, I am mildly obsessed with testing not sure if I am testing too frequently by testing every other day. Pool water is clear looks great, I have a 2hp sand filter on an AG 18x33x54 vinyl lined Pool and my test was
FC .5
CC .5
TA 110
pH 7.9
CH 90
CYA 0
I entered info into pool math and added 78 oz liquid bleach (8.25%), need to also add some pH Minis 17oz, and it says 84oz stabilizer, I have dry so was going to use sock method. Also need 324 oz calcium chloride?! Planning on adding all 30 min apart
I have 2 questions 1- can we still swim with sock of stabilizer in skimmer, and 2- do I really need that much Calcium Chloride?
thanks!

Get some bleach in there STAT, and hang a sock of CYA immediately after or you'll be asking for help to get rid of algae soon. Really. Squoosh the sock now and then to speed up the process of dissolving. White milky water will come out, that's normal.

Skip the calcium unless you have a heater that needs it. Vinyl pools don't need calcium otherwise.

Drop the pH with muriatic acid (cheaper, better....but if you already bought the pH minus, c'est la vie)

Yip :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.