I want to make sure I am not forgetting anything with my baqua to chlorine conversion. I have been reading the baqua to chlorine conversion posts quietly for a while and finally decided to be another converter. After two years using baqua, I started with the cloudy water that tests perfect at the pool store. I refuse to buy any more of their clarifiers, floculants, etc., etc. I started my conversion by using potassium monopersulfate shock in an attempt to bring the baqua level down. I am not sure that was worth the time and effort. I did not see a noticeable decrease so I went ahead and started the process. I don't have one of the recommended test kits yet, but one is on order. I have a basic 4 test kit for now. I am adding the initial doses of chlorine, using the calculator, and by the time I test the chlorine level, FC is down near 1 or 2. I expected this based on some of the reading I have done.
I have already added 9 of the 182 oz. bottles of 6% chlorine. The baqua level has been cut in half, and currently is at a reading of about 10. My water is the murky deep green color with a lot of light colored foam with brown swirls on top. It is similar to some of the pictures I have seen posted. I am taking pictures as well and will share them when I am complete.
Here are my readings before adding any chlorine:
Calcium Hardness 200
My chlorine reading is just starting to register a little higher after adding the shock dose (using the calculator).
I had a hard time getting a reading above 1 until now. I finally hit between 2 or 3. My understanding is that the chlorine is being used up quickly on the baqua and any molds, etc. that may have been in the water.
PH is now at 7.4. TA seems to be a lower at about 100.
I have cleaned my cartridge filter twice today when the flow became weak. I am looking out the window as I type this and it appears that there is not as much of the foam on top of the water. Not sure if that means anything.
Please let me know if I seem to be missing anything major.
Thank you for what you do on this forum. It gave me the push I needed to get this process started.