duck Hunter

May 17, 2016
Marion, NY
New pool owner here as well. I totally get the need for the higher cya when using a saltwater system, but one question I've had is why not run a higher cya when using just bleach? If the goal of running higher cya is to lower the production needs of the swg, wouldn't it also lower the need to add liquid chlorine, in-turn saving cost? Purely hypothetical, as I've already purchased my swg and will be running at the recommended cya levels anyhow. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Re: SWG system- why add CYA?

New pool owner here as well. I totally get the need for the higher cya when using a saltwater system, but one question I've had is why not run a higher cya when using just bleach? If the goal of running higher cya is to lower the production needs of the swg, wouldn't it also lower the need to add liquid chlorine, in-turn saving cost? Purely hypothetical, as I've already purchased my swg and will be running at the recommended cya levels anyhow. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You could certainly do that. Just remember if you have to SLAM you will need a higher FC level at higher CYA levels than you would at lower CYA levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.