Algae problems HELP

Jun 26, 2016
Hattiesburg MS
I slammed my pool yesterday with 9 gallons of Clorox ..I turned off my SWG several days ago because the of the issue with the algae and how green the pool is. I left the pool on never turning off. I woke today to still a very green pool so I did some tastings here are the results.

CC. .05
fc. .40
alk. 80
ph 8 ?
calcium 225
cya. Well I fill the tube till it over flowed and the black dot was stil there fuzzy but I could see it..which the top reads 20

please tell me what to do

what kind of test kit are you using? First problem CYA too low. Need stabilizer to bring up 30. pH is too high, since you are going to be doing a SLAM. Need muratic acid to lower pH to 7.2. Then you can begin SLAM using instructions in HOW TO section of this website and poolmath to figure out how much of each chemical you need to raise CYA, lower pH and SLAM with chlorine. Happy to help with any questions

You may have overshot pH with a gallon of acid. Poolmath calculated 62 oz for reducing 8.0 pH to 7.2 (lowest you should go for SLAM. Please check and you may need to add borax. Please use poolmath to calculate stabilizer before using. If you have questions on using poolmath, let us know. If you get too much stabilizer in, it will be harder to do slam because you will need more chlorine to account for high CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.