Thank you TFP! Circupool RJ45 and TA

Aug 11, 2013
For a few years I have struggled with my 30k gallon pool. I have a CircuPool RJ45 SWG and and each year, without fail, around the start of July my chlorine generator would scale up and output would drop. This would usually result in a cloudy or green pool, I would shock (several times), clean the cell and move on. This can be costly as chlorine is not inexpensive.

Fast forward to this year, I get my pool re-plastered. Since my calcium hardness is high, my SWG would scale up really quickly, cleaning would only last a week if not days. Again, cloudy pool, needed to slam it. However, there was no moving on this time! The swg was not producing much and I was finding scale chips in the pool near the returns.

Here were my numbers around the time of a nice cloudy pool:

Ph 7.4
Cl 1
Ta 120
Ch 400
Cya 60

According to my SWG manual, everything is inline but the Ch was a bit hight. Finally I decided to throw that manual away and follow TFP's guidance! That TA was waaaay too high! I did several sessions of Acid/aeration cycles and now my Ta is at 70-80! What a difference!!! My salt cell is and stays clean!!

Now my pump runtime is 12hrs and I only have the swg at 30% to maintain a cl in the 4-8 range.

Again thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.