Deck Pool Ladder

Jul 31, 2015
Windham, NH
Need help installing our pool ladder that attaches to the deck. We tore down our existing pool and put a new one and built a deck all around the pool. Now we are re-installing the pool ladder and cannot remember how it was previously installed. Does anyone have experience on installing this type of ladder? Seems as if the bottom of the ladder hovers over the pool bottom without touching it? Would it hit the pool sides when people are stepping in and out on it? We are about to mount the cups that hold the ladder on to the deck and want to make sure we do this correctly.

image2.jpg

I would think that the ladder needs to touch the bottom.

I would also think that the height of the ladder could be adjusted somehow, perhaps where the ladder meets the top hoop.

Did you look online for "installing deck ladder" videos?

Dom

I looked online and there are so many different types and I cannot tell which brand name this one is. Just curious if anyone thinks this one sits above the pool bottom or hits the pool bottom. Also worried about the liner in contact with this ladder. Has anyone experienced issued with the ladder rubbing the liner?

All of the deck ladders that I've seen touch the bottom of the pool. Some have the hand rails going through the deck to make sure it touches the bottom, but it appears that yours does not have mounts like that.

Hopefully someone one can help you ID that ladder.

Dom

I have that ladder and hate it. We have a temporary step up to the pool for this year in which the ladder is screwed. You can see it somewhere in the build pics. Anyway we had to cut it with a metal chop saw so the ladder sits on the bottom. To make it straight I think one side was was 3/4 " shorter. To be honest it works great but look forward to replacing it. I also hot glued some leftover wall foam on the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.