Cloudy Water, how often to shock?

May 31, 2009
Hello! I've experienced cloudy water for the past few days. How often do I re-shock? I have a inground pool, 25,000 gallons. I've noticed it getting slightly better everytime I re-shock, but didnt know if I should be doing it every couple hours, once a day etc. Any advice would be appreciated. Right now my FC is at the highest, but water still cloudy. Should I shock again? Thanks!

Please visit Pool School - read the articles there, including Defeating Algae, How to Shock your Pool, and Read this Before You Post.

Are you sure you want your user name to be your email? This is a public forum, you're likely to receive alot of spam.

After you have read those articles, let us know if you still have questions. Welcome to TFP! :wave:

4sanzas,

Welcome to the forum. Shocking a pool is a continuous process that goes on until your water clears. Simply bringing the FC up to shock level or throwing unknown quantitites of powder into your pool is not shocking

Read the "How to shock your pool" in Pool School and you'll be on your way. Post back any questions you may have. Lots of great people here to help you any way they can.

Saying FC is at it's highest is not reliable enough for us to help you. :?

Do you have a test kit? You can order one from a the link in my siggy made by our very own duraleigh if you don't. :wink:

If not, you should run a sample over to the pool store. We will need a sample reading on FC, CC, TC, pH, TA, CH and most of all CYA.

You have some homework! Read Pool School and get back here so we can help you! 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.