New Pool in Texas

Good afternoon all. We are currently in the process of beginning our journey of building our first pool. We are actually just days away from dig day, so we have already gone through the fun phases of designing and selecting everything. As with most budget conscious pool owners, deciding what to add/delete to stay within the predetermined budget was the most difficult part, but we are very happy with all of our selections and can't wait for the construction process to start. There is really only one choice that hasn't been finalized, and that is the finish of the pool. We are wanting a deep BLUE hue to our water, with no green or teal hues. As I now understand that the deeper the blue hue you are wanting, the higher the likelihood you will be forced to choose an upgrade to the finish, we are leaning towards the Wet Edge Satin Matrix Antigua finish. The Mediterranean appears to be the same color, just a different line that has larger pebbles. I have heard several people adding everything from extra black pebble, shells, etc., but was wondering if anyone can provide some insight regarding the pure finish itself, and whether it does in fact provide the nice, rich, blue hue that Wet Edge claims. As it appears to be one of their most popular colors, hopefully this is the case. Our backyard faces completely West, so we will be getting an extensive amount of sunlight the majority of the day. In terms of size and depth, our pool will be 38' x 17' (102' perimeter - 19,618 gallons), with the deepest part of the pool being 6'. Any insight or pics that anyone could provide would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Thanks.....

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: I can't speak much to the dark blue finish you are asking about, but I can say my pool is also on the west side - full TX sun all day. Not a problem as long as you have a good test kit to maintain water chemistry. So you've probably heard our speech before :blah: but make sure to have either a TF-100 or Taylor K-206C when you pool is finish and full of water. Other than that .. nice to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.