Can't seem to get ahead of this algae!

I finally found someone who is having a harder time than I am with this! My pool was crystal clear when I started, but it would not hold FC overnight. It's been a couple of weeks, I've lost count actually, but I ran out of 871, so when it comes in, I guess I'll be starting all over. And this after spending probably $300 or more on bleach. I wish I had kept track of it. Anyway, good luck! They say that we'll get there.

I know! I have also ran out of 871. I wish I had kept track of how many gallons of bleach I have used. Just put in 10 more tonight! I'm beginning to think it would have been cheaper to join the country club and use their pool!

how are things going? can you spell out exactly how you did the overnight fc loss test? today I learned that if it is done correctly and you have 1ppm or less loss, the algae should be dead and it will not recur unless you let your chlorine drop below the minimum recommended level per the chlorine/cya chart. do you think that could have happened?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.