Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: embellisher

1. Back To Top    #1

embellisher

Hello, all. 8)

I came from the other forum, after hanging around a few weeks hoping that the Admin would let me register. I didn't find out that he was permanently AWOL until a couple of nights ago.

A thread over there lead me to this forum, so here I am!

My name is Jeff. I have a lovely wife of 18 years, Tonya, and our kids are Sean, 16, and Renee, 12.

We bought a house with an above ground pool last fall, and I a trying to get it into shape for the summer. I would have had it going sooner, but we didn't move into the house until 2 weeks ago, and it is 400 miles from our old home. So, the only previous maintenance that the pool had was what we could do on weekends once or twice a month.

I play bass guitar. Used to be in 3 bands, but I left them behind in Dallas. I play 3 times a week at church, and own way too much music gear.

I do software support for a living, and work from home 100% of the time.

I am passionate about church, my family, my music, and my friends.

Hope to learn a lot about caring for my pool here. I have maintained large inground pools in the past. I managed hotels back in the early 90's. But I took over pools that were well maintained in all three cases, and had to do little besides vacuuming, adding chlorine, and adjusting pH. My new pool is a mess.
    Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome to TFP. Not to worry, with BBB you will be right on track and swimming in your new pool in no time!
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Welcome to the forum, there is a wealth of info here to get your pool whipped into shape!
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.