Cartersville, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I need to replace the diverter and gaskets inside my automatic valve. It controls the flow back to the pool or the spa depending on which side the actuator is blocking.

If I open this valve and remove the diverter to replace it, am I going to have water flowing back through the return jets and gushing up out of this valve?

There are no other valves on either side once the line leaves this valve going into the ground to cut off water supply.

If water would be coming back, would plugging the return jets solve this? If so, what size plugs would I need to get.

Thanks for you help.

If the water level in pool or spa is above this valve, you will have water coming out through top of valve. If you are using a neverlube diverter kit sometimes you can get it ready to go in first, and then quickly pull old one and get new one in before you get a flood of water. Otherwise you will have to plug everything higher than valve. Usually 1-1/2" threads in returns. Some people use the tapered winterizing plugs, all depends on if you have to remove face and eyeballs

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.