Peezy

Jul 28, 2016
Lexington/Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have ordered my new 27ft above ground pool and hopefully will be installing next weekend or soon thereafter. Do you recommend using hose water to fill it up? Our water here is very hard, should I test the water before I fill the pool so I know what I need to do chemical wise? I will be ordering the tf-100 test kit. Thanks!

It would be a good idea to test the water 1st so that you have a starting point. I have hard water too but the main thing with pools in regard to hard water is the calcium hardness but that is for plaster/concrete pools, not vinyl.

No mater, as pooldv said, practice makes perfect and if you do a few tests before you fill, you will be better off. You could even test chlorine with a 5 gallon bucket and .5 tsp of 8.25% bleach will get you to 5 ppm of FC. I am not sure that it will work out quite that way but it will give you practice no less.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.