Which heater?? weird pump set up...

Jul 15, 2008
As I'm trying to enjoy my pool and reading posts about heaters and solar etc. My question is what type of heater would suit my pool? First of all everything is plumbed into my basement, pump and sand filter are there...I have a shake cedar roof, so that doesn't bode well for solar panels on the roof either--absolutely zero space around the pool to mount panels either... So if I go solar I would probably have to wait until we put a new roof on the house--5 yrs or so...

Sooooo can I install a gas heater in my basement? I don't know enough about them to know if this is a possibility. Solar blanket is on its way so that should help a little bit, but I'm just trying to figure out how to get my 40K gal pool to a temp that is a little more suitable for enjoyment.

Thanks for all your help...so far this year I have a bright sparkling pool thanks to the BBB method!

gnewport

You certainly can install the heater in the basement, though the venting will need to be done correctly, which will cost a little extra. However, keep in mind that heating a really large pool with gas can get extremely expensive very quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.