Filter and pump in our quote

Jul 5, 2016
Holly Springs, NC
This quote didn't include model numbers. I'm waiting on clarification from the pb, but in the meantime, thoughts? I'm thinking a variable speed pool pump is better.

1. Oversized Pentair Tagelus fiberglass sand filter and 2" multi-port valve (glass filters down to 6 to 8
microns, sand to 20 and cartridge filters to 20, oversized to extend cleaning cycles)
2. Pentair Super-flo energy efficient pool pump
3. All plumbing 2" schedule 40 PVC plumbing
4. Three (3) separate return lines
5. Separate Vacuum line
6. Two (2) Pool skimmers with leaf basket
7. Two (2) Main Drains
8. Auto salt chlorine generator or Nature 2 Fusion (mineral and chlorine)
9. 3 LED small multi-color intellibrite 5G lights

I'd upgrade to the Intelliflo which was designed as a VS pump. The Superflo is a regular motor with an added electronic control. Just look at pictures of them, side by side, and then decide which is the one for you. Also, make sure the PB includes a surge protector in the panel that feeds the pump.

Ditch the Nature 2 Fusion system and go with the SWG.

I agree with getting the biggest filter possible to reduce how often they need to be cleaned.

Jim R.

I have a Pentair SuperFlo Energy efficient model (single speed). While it isn't bad, a 2 speed would be better and a variable speed (Intelliflo) better still.

When I started using the Nature2, there wasn't any SWG's. Using the Nature2 you're still going to need chlorine to prevent an algae bloom I usually maintain about 1 ppm chlorine). Beside the 3 inch trichlor tablets (something else alot of folks around here don't use) , I prefer using non-chlorine shock because it is difficult to get rid of chlorine in my shaded pool. And I don't use pool stabilizer (except what is in the trichlor).

I do agree with the "get the biggest pool filter you can fit in" philosophy - type of filter whatever you are comfortable with. Sand or cartridge are probaby the easiest to deal with.

You may or may not want to consider heating / cooling for your pool. Have the pool builder reserve a space for it. I'd have a heatpump in a minute.

SWCG is a great back saver from having to lug chlorine jugs. Two speed pump for sure, variable speed if the extra cost makes sense. Big filter :thumleft:

The Nature system isn't much liked around here and you're likely not to get any recommendation of it. Well except for the guy above ;)

Thank you for the feedback! We are considering adding solar next year. We have a 46 foot wide side yard with no neighbor on that side so we have room for the equipment. The only other thing along that side of the house is the Directv satellite dish and the whole house generator. The pool will be fully shaded by 5pm so that gives me something else to think about regarding chemicals. The deep end will likely be shaded in the morning until 11am, but we will know more about that tomorrow when a big clump of trees is removed as right now it is still very shaded on that half until noon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.