New Pool Owner

Jul 28, 2016
Dallas, TX
Hey everyone-

I'm new to OWNING a pool. My family and I moved in a couple months ago, and we're loving it. Fortunately my parents have a pool and my Mom has been helping me get my water tested. I immediately realized this was going to be an inconvenience driving across town. More importantly, I immediately realized I was at the mercy of the pool store on what I needed to maintain my pool.

I was THIS close to purchasing a PHin unit like a truly lazy bum, but decided to do some research first and see if I could maintain this thing on my own. I'm glad I did because I stumbled onto this forum and have read through almost all of the material (not forums) the last day or so. I've already learned a lot.

My TF-100 test kit is on its way, and I am looking forward to getting started. I know very little, but I am very eager to become very good at this. I have young kids, so I want to be completely sure I am keeping them safe in their playground.

If I need to tweak my signature, or provide more info, just let me know.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to FTP! :wave: Ordering the TF-100 was the best step you could make. At some point, if you didn't include it in your original order, make sure to get yourself a "Speed Stir" so you can mix like a pro. Very nice product to have in your TFP toolbox. :stirpot: Great to have you with us.

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on the new pool. Glad we could save you from the phin. Here's a big secret, TFP is the lazy person's way to maintain a pool. It just seems complicated at first. After you do it for a while it is easy as cake.

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on the new pool. Glad we could save you from the phin. Here's a big secret, TFP is the lazy person's way to maintain a pool. It just seems complicated at first. After you do it for a while it is easy as cake.

My brain is slowly starting to comprehend all the chemicals and how they interact...sort of like staring at the matrix. Looking forward to actually beginning to test and add chemicals so I can get first hand experience.