Want to go swg

I have had great success this year, first time pool owner, after leaving pool stores and going with tfp method. The reliability is great but my work schedule does not always work well with the necessary testing, adjusting and shopping for bleach etc.
I would like to go to a salt water chlorine generator and still retain the tfp method as needed, such as for SLAM and opening/closing.
Is this a good direction to go in my region? I'm not too familiar personally with swg systems as everyone I know who has had one no longer has a pool. They did speak very highly of them.

The only time SWGs are a problem is when they are not properly maintained, or when the stone decking has not been sealed. Like anything else if you don't maintain it then it won't work properly, but it sounds like you shouldn't have any problems maintaining it. They are not hard to care for but too many people think of them as "turn it on and forget it" and then get upset when it fails prematurely. As for the decking, salt water can damage natural stone that has not been sealed, especially soft stones like flagstone and limestone. Some metal patio furniture is affected by salt water too. The easy fix is to just hose down the furniture and decking after use and seal any natural stone surfaces annually.

I have a concrete deck(poured) and only have chemistry upsets after periods of rain and wind... Darn live oak tree. I get bits of info from friends and what I can find online and just thought I'd come here for some opinions.
Size wise and brand/type, this is what I'm not sure on.
I was looking at the hayward system for 40,000 gallon?
From what little I know I would just run it at 20-30% mostly once I get my base salt?
Is the hayward system any good? Any other recommendations?
I appreciate your help.

Please add your pool info to your signature as shown here, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

We recommend 2-3 times the size of your pool. Mine is 20k gallons and my SWG is rated for 40k. Yes, Hayward is a good brand. Test FC to dial in your percentage and runtime.

Edit: I see you have a sig, the show sig box needs to be checked once on each device and then it will stay checked.

I think Hayward only makes up to a 40k SWG which could be a little small for your pool. What that means is you might need to run your SWG longer to make enough chlorine. Pentair and Circupool make units rated for 60k.

Hi and welcome. I switched to the Hayward Aquarite t-15 rated for 40,000 gallons in my 23,000 pool this April. I love it, and I like this particular model as it switches polarity to help clean the cell. I chose that particular brand after asking around a lot, including pool builders who don't always like swg. My original PB co (I wasn't the original client) likes this model and staff use it in their own pools, fwiw. But tat doesn't mean other brands aren't just as good, so ymmv.

In my gallonage, it can produce up 7.8 ppm per day at 100/24 - approx 1.5 lbs of chlorine gas. If you use pool math, you can calculate how much run time/% you might need in your gallonage...its true the 60k rated Pentair or compu pool brands could be a better fit.

Whichever you chose, I predict you'll enjoy swg if you invest just a wee bit of time getting dialed in and setting up your parameters (eg cya) right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.