can above ground pool cleaner be used in ground pool?

It really depends on a lot of factors. I have a Ranger and it is great for light debris, but it gets stuck on the ladder, and an acorn will bring it to a dead stop. If you have a sport type pool with little variation in depth and very light debris such as a few leaves it will probably work. If you have heavier debris like acorns and pine needles or a traditional inground with a deep end then it won't work.

If you are looking for a suction side cleaner you might want to check out a Baracuda MX8 or a Hayward Pool Vac XL.

I have used this cleaner on my parents above ground pool that I installed for over 20 years and highly recommend it. It uses the return line and has a sweep bag that picks up all the large stuff and the finer stuff gets mixed up and gets filtered out eventually. Your skimmer will still work getting the surface stuff. Maybe a little cheaper than a robot which I have no experience with since I have a Polaris 280 on my in ground pool which rocks. It's $177 on Amazon. Polaris Vac-Sweep 65 6-130-00 Pressure Side Automatic Pool Cleaner for Above Ground Vinyl Pools

... or the shallow end and stays there...

Suction side cleaners are notorious for "patterning", circling the same corner of your pool and never going anywhere else and the skimmer doesn't work while the cleaner is in use. I've had a Kreepy Krawly and two Barracudas and they were all the same. Save your money. Buy a robot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.