Hiram, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I dropped my PH to 7.0 and my TA to 60. I misread the poolmath calculator. I have been running consistently high on PH even though I was adding MA. But, I was testing a week later. This time I tested a couple of hours later. So, would it be alright to retest in a week and see if it goes back up? Pool looks great (as always) Also, I haven't been checking my calcium levels (added it twice already) based on TFP recommendations. But, heard that it can be bad for your salt cell to run low on calcium. Any thoughts?

Weekly isn't frequent enough for constantly rising pH (SWG, plaster, water features). Bi-weekly maybe. I personally try to check it every other day and especially before having people over.

You don't really need any calcium in a vinyl pool, unless perhaps you have a heater?

If you want to let the pH drift up some just get some kids in the water and have'em splash about a bunch. Or use any water features you have such as a fountain.

I would test pH at least three times weekly until you get a feel for it. Soon you will be able to drop back to once a week, I think.

The calcium/SWG relationship you heard about is bogus.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.