Pics of solar set up

May 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
After learning so much from all the brilliant people on this forum, I thought I'd share what we did at our house in hopes it helps someone in the future. Thanks everyone for all your help over the years.

Pool water enters the system at the pump and exits from the filter on it's way to the solar panels or directly to the pool depending on how the valves are set. In this picture, the return to the pool is blocked and the flow is to the panels. Each panel has it's own supply and return and measure 9' x 4'. They are the type of panels that move water down one side and up the other depending on the valve on them. We keep them on all the time as we bypass the entire system if need be--I think that happened once in 4 years. We had compression fittings on all 8 attachments last year, but they leak like crazy, so have upgraded to the rubber connections with hose clamps on the hot water sides. They work perfectly but we need to find ones that fit properly on the cold water side. It was quite the project to come up with an execute, but it stores under the deck in 2 pieces over the winter and so far the dog hasn't used it for a chew toy. I wouldn't want to put it together every year.

rrnyxi.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.