Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pics of solar set up

1. Back To Top    #1

Pics of solar set up

After learning so much from all the brilliant people on this forum, I thought I'd share what we did at our house in hopes it helps someone in the future. Thanks everyone for all your help over the years.

Pool water enters the system at the pump and exits from the filter on it's way to the solar panels or directly to the pool depending on how the valves are set. In this picture, the return to the pool is blocked and the flow is to the panels. Each panel has it's own supply and return and measure 9' x 4'. They are the type of panels that move water down one side and up the other depending on the valve on them. We keep them on all the time as we bypass the entire system if need be--I think that happened once in 4 years. We had compression fittings on all 8 attachments last year, but they leak like crazy, so have upgraded to the rubber connections with hose clamps on the hot water sides. They work perfectly but we need to find ones that fit properly on the cold water side. It was quite the project to come up with an execute, but it stores under the deck in 2 pieces over the winter and so far the dog hasn't used it for a chew toy. I wouldn't want to put it together every year.

Shelley
    Denver, CO

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pics of solar set up

What type of black flex pipe is that?

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by bhawleyusa
    What type of black flex pipe is that?
    Good question.
    I used poly pipe because it was cheap and readily available, but it isn't the best solution.
    25k gal vinyl AquaRite T-15

4. Back To Top    #4

Best of my knowledge, it's just flex PVC. A local irrigation/plumbing supply had white and black. Not cheap, but it should last forever.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

5. Back To Top    #5

can someone post pics of there solar set up as im getting ready to do one for above ground.
    thanks,
    mike
    Above ground 33 ft round 52 in. high
    Approx. 25000 gallons
    Hayward Dreamline Sand filter holds 250lbs sand
    Hayward CL-200 chlorinator
    Hayward 1.5 hp 67 GPM pump