Just had new pool start up

Okay, we have a problem. The system has no power the main panel breaker did not trip. On either the main or sub panel. I have reset everything. Nothing is working.

I will have to call the pb in the morning but what do i do about chemicals?

Use your brush occasionally to stir up the pool

(or like someone said, drop a cheapo ($40-$50 and handy to have) sump pump in, no hose needed or anything, but no swimming cause of the 115v hanging in the pool)

I added chlorine and brushed to pool and spa. I am thinking bad breaker or the board is toast, left msg for pb to get somebody out here in the morning. Man the luck i am having in this pool.

Its strange, the aqua link power station tripped yesterday, i though odd. I reset the breaker. Today, dead. Thinking its the breaker.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is this something you are going to try to trouble shoot or are you going to leave it for tomorrow?

If you are leaving it, add the chems you need to and brush the pool really well. That should be plenty to get you through the night.

Okay, i checked the ac voltage on the main 30 amp breaker. 240volts. So there is power there. I tried to turn on the light thats connected to the sub panel box no juice, checked the gfiic outlet on the side of the box, it tripped. Reset it and the board came back on but the pump and swg are still off line. I switched to service mode and now the pump is running manually and the lights to the swg output are on but when i go to auto mode they do not work?

Thoughts?

Called jandy this morning, they went into my system on-line, and got it back on-line. Pretty cool that they can remote into my system and see and adjust everything, gotta love high tech. They said my router may have needed to be rebooted?

There were no error code, not sure what happened but its back on-line.

Well it's been a week. I test twice per day. Here are the numbers.

In the morning:
FC: 2 ( I am targeting 3.5, see below, perhaps I need to be targeting 5PPM?)
PH: 7.6-7.8 (I am targeting) 7.5
TA: 120 ( it's been hanging there
CH: 250 ( I tested it, correctly this time)

In the evening:
FC: .5-1
PH: 7.5
TA:120

So you can see I am losing the FC during the day.

I added 48 oz of CYA last Thurs. so tomorrow will be a week, it's still not showing up in the test. The black dot is still visible in the CYA tube when filled to the top.

I am going to run my SWG next month, so I should be targeting chlorine and CYA for Salt Water pools even though I am not running salt now , correct?

If that's the case based on the chart, I should target FC @ 5PPM and CYA at 70 NOW, correct?.

Based on the fact I have only put 48oz of CYA in the pool, pool math says to reach a CYA level of 70, I need to add 100oz of CYA which 6.25lbs. The 5lb bag I have only has 80oz in it. Do I slowly add it or put the remaining 32oz into the pool?

thanks!

Did you add the CYA in a sock as shown here? Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals If you poured it in the skimmer have to cleaned your filter? It is also possible that with low FC that bacteria consumed the CYA.

The rule about chlorine is this. It must remain above minimum at all times to keep your pool safe, sanitized and algae free. When FC drops below minimum the kill rate for bacteria, viruses and pathogens is not sufficient to prevent person to person disease transmission. And algae can grow as well. You need to add enough chlorine so that the next time you add more it is still above minimum. Same idea for the SWG, FC needs to be above minimum when the SWG turns on for the day.

I would say yes to getting CYA up to 70-80 in preparation for the SWG but with FC spending so much time below minimum I'm concerned that there is some bacteria and algae in the pool and you could need to SLAM Process first. I think you might need to do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

I added the CYA into a sock and placed the sock in the skimmer, tied to the top of the basket handle so it was floating, I ran the pump 24 hours per day. I have not cleaned the filter.

Overnight, 5pm to 7AM I am losing 1-1.5 PPM of Chlorine, it's during the day I am losing the most, like 2-2.5PPM. I assume it's because it's 90 degrees and my pool gets full sun until 5PM.

So if 3PPM is the target all day, I guess I need to target 5PPM in the morning, to stay above 3. And perhaps target 5 PPM at night also.

I added the CYA into a sock and placed the sock in the skimmer, tied to the top of the basket handle so it was floating, I ran the pump 24 hours per day. I have not cleaned the filter.

Overnight, 5pm to 7AM I am losing 1-1.5 PPM of Chlorine, it's during the day I am losing the most, like 2-2.5PPM. I assume it's because it's 90 degrees and my pool gets full sun until 5PM.

So if 3PPM is the target all day, I guess I need to target 5PPM in the morning, to stay above 3. And perhaps target 5 PPM at night also.

If you are losing > 1 ppm of FC overnight you will need to SLAM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this sucks, I could not put chlorine in for 48 hours after the fill and I can't get CYA to come up, not sure what else I could have done, I can't sit at home and test 4 times per day. The pool school pages say adding 2-3PPM of Chlorine per day is normal. that's what I am doing now. Is it still unreasonable for FC to drop when CYA is not up to level? I will do the overnight test this evening.

So here is my plan, please correct me if I am wrong.

I am going to adjust chlorine to target 5PPM all the time and bring CYA to 70. based on POOL Math, with the assumption that what I have added is still in there. So I am going to add the remaining CYA I have which is about 32oz. Wow, this has to get easier.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.