HELP! My pool is green!

Jul 27, 2016
providence, ri
So I have had this issue for several years, my pool sometimes mysteriously turns green, now i am using well water and I have tried everything I can think of. Here is a picture of my pool... also with my stats. what do i do? Sorry- if this is not the right forum please help me move it!! Been a long time reader-first time user

16' x 32' rectangular inground
20,000 gallons

ph 7.2
free chlroine 1.0 ppm
total alkalinity 80 ppm
stablizer 30-50ppm

Attachments

• IMG_9859.jpg
    IMG_9859.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 41
Welcome to TFP!

Your chlorine is too low and algae is growing. Judging by the bluish tint you've hit it harder recently, but you need to maintain chlorine at all times according to the [FC/CYA]Chlorine[/FC/CYA]

Stabilizer 30 to 50 is too broad a range. Is it 30 or 50. That's a difference by 100% of the minimum FC you must have to keep algae from blooming (2ppm vs 4ppm). Its also the difference between slamming at 12 ppm vs 20pmm. So first verify your CYA then start a SLAM at the appropriate level of chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.