Pentair 4048 Filter leaking from bottom!

I just backwashed and opened the top of my Pentair 4048 filter to thoroughly clean the filters. I put it all back together as usual and added the DE. But now I notice a small drop by drop leak under the filter right at the middle of the backwash handle. I opened the valve again to drain and re-fill and then started it up again and there is still a leak. I called the person who built the pool and he said sometimes the DE will fill in a small leak like that and that over time leaks like this can happen, but if it doesn't work I would need to call a repair person. I really like to try and fix things if possible by myself ( and save the money!) Does anyone have experience with this problem that might give me some advice? Thanks!

You may have a leak on the o-ring that is on the rotor shaft going through the bottom of the filter. If you have a manual you can see the breakdown of the b/w rotor. The part no. is JV18, but the problem is you have to remove entire rotor to replace. Probably not a doityour selfer project

Thanks for the reply! I think you are probably right. Do you think there is any harm in just letting it leak for awhile? The water just goes into landscaping and the drip is pretty slight. The pressure is staying fine. I was thinking just to wait until the end of the season.
You may have a leak on the o-ring that is on the rotor shaft going through the bottom of the filter. If you have a manual you can see the breakdown of the b/w rotor. The part no. is JV18, but the problem is you have to remove entire rotor to replace. Probably not a doityour selfer project

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.