2 returns don't work

RussellC

Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
Austin, TX
New pool owner, not a new pool. I have 2 returns that happen to be the ones right under the skimmers that don't flow in my pool, the eyeballs look great, nothing weird. All other returns work as well as my polaris line. I do not have float diverters in the skimmers if that has anything to do with it. Any ideas? I am going to clean the filter in the next couple of weekends to see if pressure has anything to do with it. Thanks!

Could very well be equalization lines that are just connected to 2nd hole in the bottom of the skimmer. You would need float diverters for them to actually do anything though ... the point is if the water level dropped below the skimmer, the float diverter would shut and water would be pulled from the equalization line to prevent the pump from being damaged.

They would but it would be slight may not even be noticeable. When it would be noticeable is if the float closes or if the skimmer gets full, and that's the whole point you want most/all coming from the skimmer unless something goes wrong.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you can imagine at situation where the water lever might drop below the level of the skimmer by accident then they are cheap insurance. For instance if you have to drain off rain water frequently and there is a possibility of forgetting about the pump running they can save your pump. When I have to drain I use the pump timer in case I get distracted.

I would not use them to drain below the skimmer on purpose it will work but it is kind of hard on your pump better to use a submersible for that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.