How much bleach are you adding daily?

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
How much bleach are you adding daily and how many gallons do you have? I have approx. 20k gallons and have to add around 100 ozs. per day. My CYA is 50. It seems a little exhausting. That is around 6 gallons a week. However, it is not that aggravating considering all I have to do is add bleach since my pH, TA and everything stays perfectly balanced due to the TFP method. I was just curious on what others similar to my setup are having to do.

Also, we are having a pool party next weekend. This will be the biggest load this pool has seen. Can you give me advice on how to treat my pool before and after? Should I load it up with bleach before hand?

100 oz of 8.25% bleach in your 24k pool is 2.8ppm of FC ... it is normal to require 2-4ppm of FC added daily. So, looks normal.

Before the party, add 2-4 ppm extra FC, then test and adjust after the party.

This time of year with temps between 90-95, I'm using about 64oz of 12.5% per day. Lately we haven't been swimming much because my 3 year old has decided he doesn't like to swim, it's no fun. So I fight him to get him in the pool, then fight to get him out as well!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.