Pool Math Problem

IrwinK

Apr 25, 2016
Orlando, FL
Been using Pool Math and find it very helpful, but have a problem I can't solve or find an answer to in the old threads:

I can't save my pool size and readings after shutting down & restarting computer.

Using Firefox as my Browser. It is set to allow cookies on all sites but erases them at end of session.
However for all my trusted sites have exceptions set and this includes troublefreepool.com

No problem signing into my trusted sites including troublefreepool as it remembers the settings, but does not remember Pool Math settings.

Is it possible that Pool Math uses a diffferent URL than troublefreepool that I need to set as an exception.

Re: Pool Math Cookie Problem

Try this. In Pool Math, Right click, View Page Info. Permissions. About 3/4 the way down is "Set Cookies". What is that set to?

I just noticed cookies are saved from 3 different domains:
Code:
www.troublefreepool.com
.troublefreepool.com
troublefreepool.com

Will you try adding all 3 to Trusted Sites and see if that makes a difference?

e: It auto formatted the first one.

Added .troublefreepool.com but it did not make a difference. Still won't hold settings.

I tried something else that works. I changed setting to allow cookies and not erase at end of session.
Can't keep this setting as it will add cookies from all websites but it indicates that a cookie was missing for Pool Math.

Rebooted the computer. When I go to Troublefreepool website now I don't have to sign in at all. It goes to the homepage already signed in.
All along I had to sign in but it remembered the name and password when I clicked on the sign in fields.

Just checked the cookies for troublefreepool and there are 8 cookies there - same as before.

Note: I'm using Windows 10

Gave you incorrrect info: I said changed setting to allow cookies and not erase at end of session.
But what I actually did was only uncheck Clear history when Firefox closes.
This fixes it!!!! But more puzzling why?

Cookies Solved! Now that my Pool Math is saving my settings I have renamed my Thread Pool Math Problem. Hope this is OK as another TFP Forum didn't like me starting new threads with similar subjects.

Here is my newest Pool Math problem. This happened before and it seemed to be a rounding error.

This time it seems to be more than just rounding:

Entered PH 7.8 with Goal 7.5
Says add 9.4 oz. of 31.45 Muriatic Acid

But at bottom of page Effects of Adding Chemicals
Entered 9.4 oz. of 31.45 Muriatic Acid
Says Will lower PH .15
This would result in PH 7.65

I read the note but I'm within the parameters except TA was 60.

When I actually added the 9.4 oz result was PH 7.5 per the Calculator.

"Note: pH calculations are not exact. These numbers are only suggestive of the relative magnitude of the pH change you can expect.
Small changes, +-0.4, with pH between 7.2-7.8, TA around 80-120, and Borate near zero will be approximately correct. The further you go from those ranges the less these pH changes will correspond to reality."

That is because it takes less acid to go from 8.0 to 7.8 than from 7.8 to 7.6 and so forth. The lower you go, the more acid it takes. So in the bottom section the programmer just decided to use static numbers to calculate from (probably 7.5 ph, 100 TA, 0 Borate). As you found out the calculation on the top was correct since it uses "your" TA, Borate, and pH levels in the calculation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.