Trouble keeping Intex Easy Set Ring Inflated

OK - I am afraid I have to say me too.... I have joined the club on this issue. Purchased a pool and right away noticed it leaked a bit. Once 1 week or so I had to blow it back up. Was not concerned. Leak got worse to every day it needed it. I looked all over for the leak, soapy water, listening etc... Could not find it. Intext said sure... send us the pool back and if we deem it a defect we will replace the pool. Might take a few weeks as we are busy! So that was a no go. Bit the bullet purchased another one. Worked great for three weeks. Then leaks, then bad leaks. I was pretty much ready to drain the pool, attack it with an axe, pour gas on it and tell the kids it is bonfire time. Then a remembered an earlier comment about a cat being to blame. Well our neighbors have a cat (and I like cats) but this thing wonders all over the place, kills everything he can AND climbs on the side of their metal frame pool. So I go out, blow mine up and with an eagle eye, and with my kids looking we find one small hole and one large. Put some temporary tape on them and sure enough that has done it. Will replace with a real patch this weekend. So I guess I left the ladder in the pool and the cat climbed up. I hope by removing the ladder the cat will not try to jump up onto it. Certainly I have no proof it was the cat but am planning on telling the neighbor he owes me a beer for the aggreviation! If I get more leaks I will do either the pvc solution or the 6 inch ventilation tubing in the ring. Two very creative ideas!

I went to Lowe's and found what you mentioned using but fiberglass and I are NOT friends so I was hoping for another solution. I found some 6" general flexible duct with no insulation! While 8" would have been perfect, the 6" is going to work just fine. I already have it in the ring and am adding water to the pool. I can't thank you enough for your suggestion. It was MUCH cheaper than buying another pool.
Could you post a pic of what you used? I thinking I could leave my easy set up fee he winter with this.

OMG... that worked for me! I found it- after two days of looking! And I know the culprits... darned birds! Gotta be vigilant about using the cover now. Wonder if I could put something floating in the pool to scare them off.

I had a puppy poking millions of holes in our intex pool with the inflatable ring. I just cut a slit on the bottom (outside edge) of the inflatable ring and shoved black pipe (with little holes) for tiling your yard/field which is sold at lowes. we had 4-5 pieces that were going to the trash anyway. I also thought that if anyone uses those 2 liter pop bottles (we don't) then you could shove those in too. I covered the hole with some duct tape and it works great.

Sent from my Elite8QI using Tapatalk

These pools are junk but if you have one, and don't want to spend another fifty or three hundred bucks for another one, take a razor blade to the ring and cut two or four random holes in it then stuff it with empty soda bottles or anything material that floats. Then just duct tape the holes back up, not to seal it from air leaks but to keep the bottles stuffed inside.

These pools are junk but if you have one, and don't want to spend another fifty or three hundred bucks for another one, take a razor blade to the ring and cut two or four random holes in it then stuff it with empty soda bottles or anything material that floats. Then just duct tape the holes back up, not to seal it from air leaks but to keep the bottles stuffed inside.

I'd have to disagree with the "these are junk" comment. We have an 18'x48" Intex easy set we bought to get us started in pool ownership. We just put it up for what will be at least it's 5th season (hard to keep track of the time). It has by and far exceeded my expectations. Granted we've replaced the ladder once due to rust, built a PVC stand floating skimmer holder, replaced the cartridge filter with sand, and patched one pin hole in the bottom. Regardless feel I've gotten more than my monies worth even if this would turn out to be it's last season (might finally get the hard side pool we had anticipated switching to after a season or two).

FRUSTRATION!!!... put pull in on Sunday and have had to refill air twice a day since then. Tried the soapy water and that didn't work. Will try some of the other options read here. Thanks for the suggestions. What makes me mad is I bought it on Walmart website and I can't take it back to the store.

Rayzerrman, thank you for the idea! I put this together last night, and so far it's holding. It's only about 1/3 filled, but it didn't collapse overnight, so fingers crossed as it fills now! I had to exchange my pipe; it turns out that all 1/2 isn't necessarily the same. If anyone is trying this, make sure it's the straight pipe, and the smallest 1/2 you can get! Only took about 20-30 minutes to put together, and now I won't have to worry about inflating it at all anymore!

Thanks again!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I tried the flex-seal stuff. It's a no-go. Once it hardens (like 2-3 days!!), it easily flakes/chips off. So another $13 down the tubes, pun intended! :(

I am in the process of inserting 1 gallon sized plastic milk jugs in my air ring. Seems that it will work great. I put a post out on facebook asking for jugs and slowly but surely they came rolling in. Will post a pic when complete.

Had some health issues so pool didn't get up last summer. Still moving slowly but plan to go ahead with packing peanuts. If I have problem with skimmer, I believe I can put empty bleach bottle in to support it. My plan is to use shop vac to blow peanuts in so I only have small opening to close. Will post photos ASAP. Wish me luck. Took a little of sweat and tears to get ground level, uggghhhh.
I don't know if what I am planning is going to be successful but wish me luck. I intend to cut open my top ring and fill it with static free packing peanuts. Has any one else tried these?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.