Intelliflow 3hp VS pump no power

Jul 31, 2009
Gonzales, La
Yesterday we took a lightning strike close enough to the house to trip some inside the house GFCI breakers and reset all our electronics in the house. Or a direct hit to the power line to house and shop. Noticed pool wasn't running earlier an went to investigate. Panel is powered from secondary meter separate from house using 60amp service to the pool panel. 60amp breaker was ok but the 220v 20amp breaker off control panel was tripped. I have power to the panel and have reset the clock. Clorinator comes on. As does the cleaner booster pump. But cannot get pump to come on. Intelliflo 3hp VS pump. Any suggestions? It's raining here currently so I cannot open up panels and test power to pump currently.

Todd

Did you have surge protection on the pump power lines? If not, it is probably a fried drive and it is just as expensive to replace as it is to buy new.

No surge protection. Didn't even know I needed it. But it will have one when I get this fixed. Will need to determine where to put it and have it installed.

Could use some advice on surge protectors or thread link I can check out.

Just updating.....Found power all the way to pump...Drive unit was fried on pump...Locally a drive unit kit(pool store actually had one on shelf) was $975. Purchased a whole new pump for $1096 tax included. Could have gotten both on internet cheaper but pool hadn't had a pump circulating for a few days and I didn't want it to go any longer. So I bought a new pump...

Strange thing my old pump would not communicate with the Easy Touch control panel so we programed the panel and pump separately. New pump communicates with the panel so we now have everything programed thru the panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.