Upstate NY Build

Jul 27, 2016
Texas
We are going to be starting a build in upstate NY in the next couple weeks. We are going for a rectangle pool with a bluestone deck. For pools I have two options I am leaning towards.

1. Leisure Pools ultimate fiberglass 40x16
2. Vinyl liner. One PB uses steel walls the other concrete, both prices are roughly the same...I would think concrete is the better choice.

Both would have heat pump. automatic cover, salt system, VS Pump
The fiberglass is about 40% more in cost than the vinyl, but I am somewhat leaning towards it...any thoughts on this?

A question I have about the concrete wall with vinyl liner...the same PB gave me a price for a shotcrete pool which is almost double the price with the vinyl over concrete. Why the huge difference here, can one just plaster over the concrete wall in the future instead of replacing the vinyl liner.

I would go with a liner pool personally. (it's what I'm building)

Fiberglass costs more to install, more to fix (you can't patch underwater like a liner), limits you to a specific width and limits you to one color.

You can build just about any shape with a liner pool and have the liner custom cut. (tanning shelves, any shape of stairs you want, etc)

You could do a 40x20 concrete wall liner pool. Use the savings for nicer decking, coping, bubblers, deck jets, waterfall etc

See this thread for different liner colors:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...st-Pic-amp-Name-Of-Your-Liner?highlight=liner

You might not be able to plaster over vinyl concrete pool as the shell will probably not be as strong and harder to keep water tight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.