Algecide=cloudy water?

Jun 5, 2016
Warwick/RI
My pool was perfectly clear but I noticed a little algae along the edges. I added algecide per the instructions and 10 minutes later my water is extremely cloudy and I can't see the bottom.

I haven't tested the levels of anything else yet but any suggestions as to why that small amount would immediately cloud my pool?

Hi there:wave:

Could post up a set of test results and how you're testing. Not sure why Algaecide would cloud up water. But it also doesn't kill algae (read the fine print on the bottle), it is a preventative at best.

It will help us help you if you could update your signature with your pool details and what test kit you are using.

Thank you! I slammed earlier this summer so I will try that again.

You didn't post your CYA number. Just remember to never let FC drop below minimum for your CYA. Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

And for SLAM, make sure you pass all three tests before you lower chlorine. I've done this battle myself. Brush brush brush while at shock level. Look for algae hiding places. I know......I've been there when it comes back. I now have the kids brush cracks and crevices with a hand brush.......I think they get a kick out of it.

Post your questions and we can help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.