Above ground pool need help

Lacymm

Jul 26, 2016
Norfolk
I'm a first timer on pools and need help I bought a pool that's a 16x48 and we are missing parts for the filter which I didn't know and it's all filled up the parts still haven't arrived am I able to add the chemicals now or have to wait it's also green on the bottom please help!!!!!!!!

Need help !!!

I bought a pool 16x48 filled it up and found out we are missing pieces to the filter which I'm awaiting to come in pool is green on the bottom am I able to put chemicals in now or do I have to wait??! I know nothing about pools which you can tell

Re: Need help !!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Slowly add bleach and brush to circulate it until you can get the pump running.

Actually, can you just hook up the pump so that the water is circulating without the filter? I am not sure what piece you are missing.

First and second, congratulations and welcome to TFP!

Bummer about the missing parts, but if it's already filled then you should start by adding chemicals. Folks here way more experienced than me are going to have more specific advice, but you need to get your chemicals in there even if you don't have proper circulation yet. What chemicals are you planning on using? Do you have a test kit? What kind of pool is it?

Get some chlorine in there asap, get a test kit on the way (you'll need it), and brush and disturb the water as much as you can while you are waiting on your filter parts. The green algae will likely die and turn a milky white and once you have your filtration in place, the filter will clear your water.

First and second, congratulations and welcome to TFP!

Bummer about the missing parts, but if it's already filled then you should start by adding chemicals. Folks here way more experienced than me are going to have more specific advice, but you need to get your chemicals in there even if you don't have proper circulation yet. What chemicals are you planning on using? Do you have a test kit? What kind of pool is it?

It's an Intex brand pool and some one told me to but the text kit, PH up and PH down , chlorine tablets and shock which all I have bought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the meantime, you should read the PoolSchool link at the top of the page to learn how we maintain our pools with inexpensive off-the-shelf items like bleach and borax instead of expensive pool store potions.

Take the money you're going to save with our TFP method and buy an Intex sand filter and pump for that pool. I have the same pool, and the tiny cartridge filter and pump in comes with is woefully inadequate. You won't regret it.

Also, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches and money if you'll go ahead and order a proper test kit like you'll find recommended here, either the TF-100 or the K-2006. A good test kit really is a must, or you'll be fighting that pool constantly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.