Cloudy after pool party

You list the pool as: Plaster I think.

was the pool ever painted?

If so, that is the cloudiness.

My last pool was painted plaster and anytime I had more than 2 people over it would cloud
up from the paint rubbing off on the floor. every time I brushed it clouded up a bit, could never
get it to go away.

I have a small 10,000gl pool and it is always cloudy after a pool party. I make sure the chlorine is in the proper range after the party, put the pool cleaner in the pool and I run the pump longer than usual. The cloudiness is always gone by the next morning.

Generally pools are cloudy after parties because there is more organic matter in the pool. Chlorine will burn out some of the organic matter and the filter will filter out some of it.

I don't really see what effect algaecide would have, though I guess it could kill some of the organic matter.

You list the pool as: Plaster I think.

was the pool ever painted?

If so, that is the cloudiness.

My last pool was painted plaster and anytime I had more than 2 people over it would cloud
up from the paint rubbing off on the floor. every time I brushed it clouded up a bit, could never
get it to go away.

possibly, i am not the original owner... it looks like it probably was, as there is a footprint in the shallow end

nothing to worry about if that's the case right?

If your guests wear a lot of sunscreen or lotion the water might be a little off after the exit the pool. My family swam while I was at work. I noticed a slight haze to the water (to everyone else it likely looked great) when I got home, and realized I had forgotten to add my chlorine the night before. I then noticed a bottle of sunscreen on the patio table. I upped the FC and ran the pump and all was well a few hours later.

If the cloudiness remains or returns, you could always run an overnight loss test to rule out organics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.