New Northeastern Pa Build

Yeah, nice to hear they were on top of the rebound. It seldom gets mentioned but can be an important aspect when, say, part of a step sloughs off down the road. It's not the kind of thing that a homeowner frankly is going to have much luck making a crew do right if they aren't inclined to/educated to in the first place.

I been waiting on the pics! Lol
It's always nice to have a smooth and positive experience like you had with your crew.
Very detailed write up and I appreciate you doing that cause I learned a few things and I know it will be helpful to so many others

yo will! thanks for checking in. i appreciate the thanks! i figured maybe someone else might not know a thing like i did a year ago and it will help them. i'm a visual person!

- - - Updated - - -

Jim! What an awesome write up! So many details and with pictures to back them up! Well done!

I, too, have heard about rebound but never really knew what it was. I love to learn new things THANKS!

You scored big time with your builder! All you have to do is read some of the older builds (most this year seem to be good) to know just how good yours is.

Yeah Sr. might have been upset with you because you do not do what he said but.............it is all good in the end :slidehalo:

Water level- do a search and you can find how to make your own! They are easy and cheap to make! The kids (and you) will have a blast learning how to use it.

Kim:kim:

i will do that. oh they r deff cheap. theirs was a soda bottle that looked 12 years old and a pipe like they used to use in a hospital back in the 1800's! lol was cool though! thanks for the positive compliment. just trying to do my part here by passing on all you all have taught me!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, nice to hear they were on top of the rebound. It seldom gets mentioned but can be an important aspect when, say, part of a step sloughs off down the road. It's not the kind of thing that a homeowner frankly is going to have much luck making a crew do right if they aren't inclined to/educated to in the first place.

totally hear ya. junior was all over them, but they were good like i said in general. he said a lot of companies cheap out and use the rebound as the top of the bond beam vs throwing it out of the shell! that would be a nightmare. he said they have do reno's that the coping is all coming off and the tile. when they open up the pool and remove everything he said you can tell right then that the beam was built up with rebound. you knock on it and if you get a hollow sound back it's rebound. if it's solid it was properly shot gunite.

update for today.

you guys can give me the big booooo! i got zero pics of the trenches and plumbing! i did get videos for future reference incase anything goes wrong, but no way i'm posting those up as i talk to myself on the video! lol

i came home to see how the pressure testing was going and how the plumbing came out and my main guy wanted to start filling in the trenches since we are getting an all day rain tomorrow so they can settle before final grades. he was on his own so no way he could use the bobcat and get in and out to fill and rake so i ditched work for the afternoon and we knocked it out together. we used my good topsoil cause i was afraid of all the rock. my buddy said not to worry but i was scared so we covered all the pipes first will some very expensive topsoil! but at least the pipes are safe. worked out good. my dad wasn't very happy when he came down but hey it was there. we got the grades back to where they were for now.

so that's day 2 i have put in on my build! :cool:

tomorrow is a rain out.

friday hopefully. . . . . bonding and final grades around pool!

that means next week will be all utility and flat work prep. . . . next phase on the way!

i'll get some pics for you all but i got nothing on plumbing.

the only thing i hope is ok was the pressure tests. they don't do them overnight or really long. he does each run on it's own since everything is dedicated and tests them for an extended amount of time.

that sound ok? i know most you guys have the test done with everything tied together and overnight right?

jim

ok here are 3 quick ones.

all who is following know that we are a huge disney family. we are there at least 2 times a year for the past 15 years now. even before we had kids. it's one of the biggest things my wife and myself have in common. we really share a love for disney. we actually are very fortunate to call a few of the older animators and sculptors of disney friends along with a voice talent also (alice/wendy). we love our time in the parks. what we always talk about is how our views of the parks have changed from when we were single and then married to now having kids and sharing our memories and making new memories with them. we have experienced so many new things in the parks now that we have kids. your touring style changes with kids. i hope that my kids never loose that love they have for the parks. my one buddy. we travel with them once a year when we take my parents. his daughter who is 28 and still lives at home, still goes on every trip with them. all through growing up she kept going with them. i hope my kids are like that. it makes the trips so memorable. my kids love when she goes . they love being with her. she is so good with them being that she is older and they are so young.

anyway. . .

i got a hidden mickey in my shell!

i just noticed it when i was watering the shell.

IMG_8340 by Jim, on Flickr

there's the typical angle i have been taking the pool at during each stage. looks kinda boring now.

IMG_8346 by Jim, on Flickr

here's my updated garden my buddy and myself have been working on. we added the raised planter in the rear on the left along with an extra 5 feet of width. my dad and myself filled it today when the guys left. all i got to do is get my fence up and i can plant. i hate putting the fence up cause it looks so nice just sitting there with the dallies in front of it. but the deer and rabbits kill me!

IMG_8341 by Jim, on Flickr

ok that's all i got. i'm hitting the couch for some disney channel time with the kids. casey undercover is on. i like those shows. lol a lot of the newer shows are done so well.

jim

Guys bonding was done today. Way less interesting then I thought. I thought it was some huge process. It's just a copper line attached to each of the four rebar sticking out of the rebar layer.

Question does that copper need to below ground far? Mine is going to be right below my gravel for my scratch coat of concrete and pavers so 12 inches down. Right now it's just laying on the dirt subgrade. It's not down in the trenches with plumbing.

Yep it's not buried deep it should be just below what ever the deck material is. Bonding in practice is very simple just connecting things with bare copper wire. The trick is connecting the right things and getting it done while the pool is being built. Take pics of where it is all connected and laid down for reference/proof it's there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This was ours a few weeks ago.
17621996_10211147042299117_1410967908786010899_o.jpg

Our copper has been sitting on the ground. Tomorrow they are coming to grade and apparently it just goes under the base for whatever your decking is going to be from what I understand.

Ok cool. Thanks. Same as mine. I thought it was wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep it's not buried deep it should be just below what ever the deck material is. Bonding in practice is very simple just connecting things with bare copper wire. The trick is connecting the right things and getting it done while the pool is being built. Take pics of where it is all connected and laid down for reference/proof it's there.

Thanks! I got pics and the inspector is coming today just for bonding.

Oh Jim! I love this! I am so hoping you are still adding tile Mickeys in the pool, but this surprise Mickey warms my heart! Everything will happen quickly now. Things look great!

Thanks! I thought that was just nuts. Such a sign! Lol. Hopefully good luck coming my way!

- - - Updated - - -

I found a blog online of a guys build (holy moly this build was insane) but he had a Mickey added into his plaster lol Maybe I need to get a little Hogwarts icon or Lightning bolt snuck in.....?

Can u link it here. Would like to see!

Jim, this is a link to the part of the post where the Mickey is in the plaster but this guy has a HUGE blog and very detailed posts about his HUGE build. It was quite the process but I did eventually read the whole thing. Wow! I found it bc I was looking for Lightstream tiles at the waterline. Lol Feel free to scroll and read his whole story.

Cooneys Pool: Day 93: Decking Day 11 & Pebble Tec!!!!!!

Jim, this is a link to the part of the post where the Mickey is in the plaster but this guy has a HUGE blog and very detailed posts about his HUGE build. It was quite the process but I did eventually read the whole thing. Wow! I found it bc I was looking for Lightstream tiles at the waterline. Lol Feel free to scroll and read his whole story.

Cooneys Pool: Day 93: Decking Day 11 & Pebble Tec!!!!!!

Oh that's a good idea. I don't think I would use anything but tile. That thing is prob cheap plastic or metal and might wear down over the years. I got to get back on this idea this week. Thanks for the link!

I laid out my final grade elevations today. Everything is good except I lost 2 feet of deck on the upper side cause of twisting the pool. I think I picked up some of the space with changing some landscaping layout.

On in a lighter note I planted the garden with the help of my 4 yr old son until the neighbors kids came over. Then I was on my own. Lol tonight I decided to try and cook on the fire the night right way. We were successful with sandwiches. Lol. I think once I get my Tuscan grill I will be in business. It did show me when I do the pool house I need a much bigger firebox. Plan is at least 4 feet wide this time by 2 feet deep for the firebox. That will give me good space for s fire and coals to the side to cook on. I think I'm going frontier style and putting the firebox and the floors elevation vs 12 inches up also.

ill have some pics this week. Such a relaxing night. We made ham and cheese sandwiches with raisin bread on the for with some other little things to experiment with the coals. I also fried some fish I caught the other day. Bunch of perch and gills. Also grabbed some of the blues I caught at the beach last year and fried those up too. All and all a great night.

Jim

yeah open fire cooking has a steep learning curve for sure LOL Sound like you are really loving life right now with your new area! I can hear your smile!

Kim:kim:

having the larger garden now is very nice. room to move. room to have normal planting rows.

the fireplace we built when we did the back porch years ago but haven't used it a lot the past few years cause of the kids being young and just not getting around to it. last year was the first in a few years we started using it more on the weekends.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.