Taylor recommended shock level

Re: Can't kill this algae

Taylor recommends a 30 ppm level for algie Shock. I have recently purchased a Taylor fas Dpd kit. He booklet is excellent
Welcome.

That's a heck of a first post.....

Shock FC level is 40% of your CYA.

Im looking through my Taylor book that came with my K2006 and see that on page 29 they state to "super shock to 30ppm to satisfy any chlorine demand" "around once a week". That is poor advise. (That is actually the first time I've read that book).

We chlorinate based on accurate test results.

I have not "super chlorinated" my pool all season, and it's been open since April.

I suggest you you spend some time reading through Pool School to fully understand what we recommend.

Dom

I believe the quote from page 29 of the Taylor 2006 Chemistry guide when referring to a 30 ppm FC level is for the "initial shock" for a newly filled pool (see point #2) Or in other words, the first fill. It's to"cleanse the newly added source water." It looks to me to be a one time addition upon initially filling the pool..they call this super chlorination

Point #5 says to "super chlorinate as required." I don't think they mean weekly..

There is absolutely no reason for an initial shock for a newly filled pool with a municipal source. I wish for the term "super chlorinate" to die a horrible death.

I read the information in the Taylor manual again. And, in the paragraph before the 5 points are listed on page 29 it does say to super chlorinate weekly or as needed. My apologies to domct203, you read it right.....
Anyway, death to the term.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.