911- what did i just do!?!?!?!

May 11, 2016
Cville, tn
Perhaps the dumbest moment of my life.

Went to add 10 pounds of baking soda to the pool to bring the TA up...got home, opened the box, dumped it in....

its ARM AND HAMMER...LAUNDRY DETERGENT. NOT BAKING SODA.

What the heck should I do? Its in there, all 10 pounds. HELP!

230AM Update: All surface foam appears to be out.

Method: Wife with net on pole/scooping out skimmer. Me in pool with water hose. Shut off all pump valves except for skimmer. Spray surface foam with water hose to direct it to skimmer and rake it out as it collects.

Got pH back to 7.5 then added bleach to get to theoretical 24PPM in my salt water pool. Probably exchanged a total of 500-800 gallons of water pumping out to sewer and replenishing with hose.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. Definite way to end a Monday.

DUDE! I am so sorry but I had to laugh! I could see your face just from your post! There are much worse things you could do to your pool. Sounds like you two make a great team! You should have thrown all of your clothes in there to wash them hehe :slidehalo:

Nice that you know what to do to "fix" it.

:kim:

DUDE! I am so sorry but I had to laugh! I could see your face just from your post! There are much worse things you could do to your pool. Sounds like you two make a great team! You should have thrown all of your clothes in there to wash them hehe :slidehalo:

Nice that you know what to do to "fix" it.

:kim:

Lol yall are reaallllllllll funny! Its a Mountain Dew morning for sure :sleep:

Well, yes my clothes are extremely clean this morning haha and the whole backyard smells like as someone quoted "pine trees and summer breezes".

A little update: I turned the waterfalls on this morning and the foam kicked up again. Gonna go home soon from work and keep scooping.

FC was at 33 (guess my calculations were a little wonky). CC was at 0.....

230PM- FC tested at 24. Sunny day out. Had both pumps running all morning. Main pump was running all night.

Here is the pool as it stands. Most bubbles have gone away. You can see what the waterfalls are creating but it dissipates. Not really sure how to capture and remove it. It isn't foam per se.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.