TroubleFreePat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have an Intelliflo pump that is JUST over three years old (So out of warranty.) Noticed it wasn't running this evening. Go outside and the LCD is normal, but the Start/Stop LED isn't lit. Figured I must have left it off or something after cleaning the pool yesterday. Turn it on and it tries to start. RPMs come up, watts really don't. Then it goes to prime and RPMs go way up, watts barely come up. Almost no noise (Thing should be screaming right now.)

Tried a few things, couldn't get it working. Flipped the breaker. Emptied out the water and can move the impeller freely. Filled it back up, breaker on, tried it again. Nothing.

Took a video - sorry for the orientation. Anyone ever encounter this or had one apart? Really don't want to have to replace this and hoping I can get whatever parts are needed.

Pentair Intelliflow - YouTube

I have a whole house surge (Leviton or one of the popular ones.) I'm considering a lightning arrestor from Delta (Delta Lightning Arrestors) and possibly the surge at my sub panel.

I need to also open up my sub panel and make sure things are grounded correctly and separate from the neutrals, etc. Everything passed inspection when installed, and I'd like to think the installer and inspector did things right. Seems the grounding vs bonding makes the best electricians question how things should be from time to time. Too often these topics seem to get confused for each other.

Can someone please post a picture or direct us to a thread that has the surge protectors. I took a close lightning strike and suspect my pump board is fried as well. I'd line to install a surge protector to protect the panel and pump if possible

Todd

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.