TA = 120 ppm
Salt 3200 ppm

Today (1 week later)
FC = 8 ppm
PH = >8 ppm
CYA = 70 ppm
TA = 110 ppm
Salt 3300 ppm

My SWG is running at 50% for 12 hours a day. I'm confused about chlorine/CYA. I've seen different charts on the sight. I don't know what to change. eg. the length of time running, the percentage. And, the CYA and TA have dropped on their own.

Also, maybe I should mention my pool is in direct sunlight and is usually around 92%. According to my test kit, I need to add acid again. Should I try to lower my TA first?:confused::confused:

Hi there

How's the water look?

Adding MA to lower your PH will also lower your TA. I'm going to suspect the CYA change might be testing error unless you exchanged a lot of water. Can you add what test kit you are using to your signature?

Right now, focus on pH and FC. Lower pH right away using muriatic acid. The Poolmath calculator can help you with the correct amount and try to use 7.6 as your pH target. Keep the FC at the 5-6 mark and don't let it drop below 4 at this time. Aimee's question about your water clarity is key because if you suspect any algae (cloudiness, green, etc) then a TFP "SLAM" is in order (link below). SO that will change a couple things.

Also, if you only have the K-2005, your FC testing will be limited. By adding THIS ITEM you'll essentially convert your K-2005 to a K-2006 test kit. I'd make that a priority for accurate FC testing.

Stay close to the links below in my sig and they'll help you along the way. Hope that helps.

The water looks beautiful. I may not be reading the cyanuric acid test correctly. I'm not sure how obscure the back dot should be. Is it normal to have to add that much MA?

Pennypat- do you go a week between tests? When you add MA to drop your pH and TA, do you re-test later that day or the next to determine if it met your goal?

Your FC is just a smidgeon high.. While it is your ideal of 6ppm, I always run mine 1 or 2ppm over my ideal to cover the normal-day-in-the-sun-expected drop in FC. So if you want you could drop your % down or run time down some, but keep an eye on your FC more than once a week, 'k? ;)

Yip :flower:

Actually, I've been waiting a week. I'll try testing sooner after the adjustment. And, I'm going to update my test kit. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.