Cloudy and Algae Arriving- I'm Confused!!!

May 31, 2016
us
Have a 24’ above ground.
I changed the sand in the filter about a month ago and mylevels are below but I have no clue why it’s cloudy and the algae keeps comingback. Am I missing something?
Free Chlorine- 5
Total Chlorine- 5
Combined Chlorine- 0
PH- 7.2-7.4
Cyanuric Acid- 41
Alkalinity- 30ppm

I’ve been running one of the floating devices with 4pucks in it but I’ve been having to add bottles of chlorine to get the algae togo away. These numbers don’t seem off to me

Is it possible is wrong with my filter? The pressure telling me I need to backwash hasn’t been very frequent or anything and we've been backwashing several times a week. Been scrubbing and vacuumingas much as possible.

Scooby Doo:

In order to clear up algae in your pool, we need accurate tests results. It appears that these are coming from a pool store. Your TA (alkalinity appears to be low). Everything else appears normal and therefore you should not have any algae.

What is your starting pressure after back washing and how long does it take for the pressure to increase? Have you read the articles in Pool School?

In a pool with adequate circulation and proper chlorination, you should not have algae. Something is causing the cloudy water and algae and the first step is to obtain correct readings. Here at TFP, we rely on accurate testing and only recommend certain test kits. We do not rely on pool store testing or test strips.

Also, please describe the events that led up to the problems you are incurring. Welcome to TFP and please add your signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.