Hayward pump compatibility question

Jul 25, 2016
Austin, TX
Hi everyone! New member and have read so much since 2014. Anyway, I just have a question. I think i need to soon replace my 5yr old Hayward pump (part# sp3210z1m). I see one that looks similar in Amazon and i want to know if it will fit with my plumbing etc. The pump in amazon is
Hayward SP3210X15 TriStar

(Amazon.com : Hayward SP3210X15 TriStar Max Rate 1-1/2 HP Pool Pump : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden)

My local pool store wants to charge $350 for a new motor and seals but this pump is only $100 more. I'd hate to buy a pump this heavy and have to return it if it doesnt work.

Thanks!

Why do you need to replace your current pump? If the motor is the issue, you can easily replace just the motor and not have to change any plumbing.

The bearings are getting louder and I'm always paranoid of it seizing and algae growing out of control :) Also, will be going on a 2 1/2 week vacation and want this fixed before. Will that amazon pump work with out much modification? I think it's the same exact pump but want to make sure.

Ive always had good information given to me from Hayward support, give then a call-
phone-icon.png
(908) 355-7995 (U.S.)
Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.