TA 50 and pH 7.2, both have been stable for more than a week

owkaye

Jul 11, 2015
Biloxi MS
After my initial fill I gradually lowered my TA to 50. I was going for 60 but overshot a little bit. Then I adjusted my pH to 7.6, and after checking pH again a few hours later -- to confirm that it was still 7.6 -- I immediately added 46 ounces of boric acid to reach a calculated 50 ppm of borates.

It's been more than a week since I added the boric acid. Since then my TA has tested at either 50 or 60, and my pH has consistently been 7.2 in my daily tests ... so it looks like my pool has reached equilibrium.

Should I be concerned about having a TA of 50?

Have you swam in the pool yet? Does it bother your eyes at all?
My son and I have both been in the pool several times this year, and neither of us are uncomfortable with the current pH level. Our eyes are just fine.

Thanks for confirming that the current TA is acceptable. I like the fact that the pH has not moved in more than a week. If I'm lucky maybe it will stay there the rest of the year. Nevertheless I'm keeping a close eye on it so I can raise it if it drops any lower. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.