Air Bleed Tube Assembly

Jun 13, 2016
Lafayette, LA
I noticed the top of my air tube bleed assembly was cracked, so I ordered a new one online and the new one came with a screen mesh instead of the plastic top. I'm checking with Pentair to see if this is the correct replacement or did I receive the wrong part, should be part number 178583 (CCP520 installed after 11/98). I installed the one I received, but the mesh filter does not reach the bottom of the bleed valve or the top of the filter, whichever way you want to describe it. I've also noticed that I have to bleed the air in the filter every morning after the pump has run its cycle to get the filter to fill back up.

does not having the correct or cracked bleed tube assembly allow the water to drain out of the filter when the pump is turned off? I bought this house with pool a couple months ago and don't recall having to bleed the air as often. I would check it periodically and maybe there was a small puff of air that would escape. I did buy a new o-ring but have not installed it yet. The unit is 8-10years old so I'm wondering if the o-ring could be the issue or maybe I'm not putting the clamp back on correctly.

pool piping 1.jpg pool piping 2.jpg

That is the correct part no. Although they may have changed the design since '98. Very important to remove o ring clean around tank and replace. If the o-ring is flattened at all replace with new one. As you tighten nut on clamp take a mallet or such and tap around clamp. After you run for awhile check for leaks and then turn off and listen for any siphoning or draining of tank while off.

Replaced the o-ring this weekend. The new one fits snug against the filter, I didn't realize how stretched out the old one was and the clamp was much easier to re-attach. Now there is no siphoning when the pump shuts off. Contacted Pentair and that is the correct part so i'm waiting on a new one to arrive.

Now that I have that problem resolved, next one up is getting rid of what looks like rust stains around the bottom, but that's for another thread. I don't recall the stains being that predominant when we moved in but I may be more aware of things now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.