Brown algae and red worms

Jul 22, 2008
The top of the water is clear but can't see the bottom, I have been sweeping brown algae from the bottom, and now I have seen some little red worms. I put 1 bag of shock in 2 days ago and a big chlorine puck that is floating around I just added some more chlorine granules in around the pool.
the FC was .5 and PH about 7.2

Re: Slightly green water

cbrewer said:
The top of the water is clear but can't see the bottom, I have been sweeping brown algae from the bottom, and now I have seen some little red worms. I put 1 bag of shock in 2 days ago and a big chlorine puck that is floating around I just added some more chlorine granules in around the pool.

Welcome to the forum, please post a full set of results, and also if you could put your pool info and specs in your signature, that would be helpful and we can advise you better.

Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature.

Also how are you testing your water?

Have you read Pool School?

cbrewer said:
First: WELCOME! :wave:

Second: If the water is clear you can see the bottom. It sounds like it's cloudy, probably due to the algae that you've been sweeping around but it may be due to algae floating in the water too.

Third, This URL has the information that you'll need to know <http://www.troublefreepool.com/what-we-need-to-know-to-answer-your-questions-t10341.html >. Lots of great people hang out here and are more than willing to help out but they need information...
By the way, a FC level of 0.5 is low, no matter what CYA (stabilizer) level you are at. 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.