CYA /Chlorine ratio and fading of swim wear

Spades

Oct 3, 2014
Riverside, CA
We know CYA attaches itself to chlorine and protects from sunlight, but what about our swim wear fading? Is higher CYA along with chlorine any different on clothing than lower CYA and chlorine? Trying to find the happy medium here if there is.

I keep my CYA at 70 and keep my FC at 7 in sunny Miami, Florida and I don't notice any fading in our swimming gear

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8,400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 3,000 GPH pump with 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

CYA protects swimwear very well.

A pool with 5 FC and 60 CYA protects swimwear better than a pool with 2 FC and 0 CYA
Better than a pool with 0 CYA and 0.5 FC. The ratio used by TFP is very easy on skin, eyes, and clothing (as well as pool equipment), so much so that many people who believe they have negative reactions to chlorine based on other pools almost always show no reaction to a TFP pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.