DEL60 Filter woes

Jun 13, 2011
Short story.....

Fired up the pool after addressing a series of $$$$ pool issues and dealing with a couple pool scoundrels who made the issues more stressful than need be. Anyway, shortly after using the remote to start the filter pump I noticed water pooling around the pool equipment pad enclosure. I immediately shut off the pool, went into the pool equip enclosure, and turned the filter pump back on to see what the problem was. The problem was the DEL60. Water was pouring out between the upper and lower halves of the filter, around the spot where the hinge on the back of the clamp that secures the two halves of the filter cannister.

I removed the circular clamp, lifted the upper half off the bottom half, and I found an issuese that I'd assume could be the cause of the problem. The flat stainless steel inner ring that runs around the inside circumference of the bottom half of the filter normally sits a couple inches above the mating surface of the bottom half of the filter, providing a sort of a guide to ensure the two halves are seated properly. It also shields the o-ring and the inside portion of the junction and mating surfaces from seepage due to water pressure. In my case, the metal ring had slid down into the bottom half of the filter cannister below the mating surfaces and had little to no overlap of the upper half of the filter when it was assembled.

The metal ring won't stay in place. Can I epoxy it to the inside surface of the bottom half of the filter cannister where it would normally sit?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.