Trouble Syncing Intellibrite Pool and Spa Lights

Fins

Jul 14, 2016
Boca Grande, FL
Hey Again -

We seem to be having our fair share of start-up problems so far.

The latest is that we cannot get our Intellibrite lights to sync. Here's the setup:

One Intellibrite Pool light

One Intellibrite Spa light

Both wired together through a single 12v transformer.

Connected to Easy Touch panel through a single AUX relay. Circuit is labeled as Intellibrite for Aux2, is labeled as 'Lights' and is set up in the Lights/Config menu as 'Lights' under #1.

Lights come on and off no problem but are different colors. The Sync feature on the Easy Touch toggles the relay a few times but the end result is usually a red spa light and a blue pool light. The pool light seems to be following the commands from the Easy Touch panel. If I choose Green, the pool light turns green but the spa light goes into party mode with multiple colors flashing.

Any ideas on how to get these things in sync? I wanted them to be switched separately but our PB pretty much ignored it and wired them together. I'll redo them some day but for now, I would just like them to be the same color.

Thanks in advance.

First I would tell the PB to come fix it

Then if the pool is less than a year old and PB refuses I'd get a pool service to fix it and go after the PB

Try turning everything off. At the breaker

Leave it off for a minuite then on. See how that works.

Then try to look for a sticky relat or lose wire in the light j box.

I hear what you're saying. I'm just worried that they will not be able to fix it and I will be stuck with the problem. Figured if it was something simple, I would just fix it myself.

Messed with it for the last 2 nights and noticed that when the switch or relay is toggled, the spa light goes out and comes back on immediately. The pool light goes out and takes 3-4 seconds to come on. Is this normal?

Tried everything I can think of and they just will not sync. Must be the way they are wired or something.

Anybody have any ideas?

The lights are out of sync and can not be synced through the EasyTouch because they are hooked to the same relay. That really was a poor method of installing the lights but was likely done to avoid purchasing a second transformer. Each light should be on its own relay.

Go to: Menu>Settings>Circuit Functions> Aux (the one the lights are connected to)> Set to Intellibrite.

The delay in the pool light sounds like color swim mode was activated and would be normal in that instance.

To sync the lights, open up the transformer and disconnect one of the lights and leave the other connected. Since this is the low voltage side, you should only need to disconnect the black "hot lead" (if they were 120V you'd need to disconnect both the hot and neutral lines or the GFI would trip). Turn the power on and set the light to green (or any other color). Now do the same with the other light (with the previous one disconnected), turn the power on and set to to the same color as before. Turn the power off, reconnect everything, and turn the lights on. They should be on the same sequence now.

There is a way to reset the lights but it would be very difficult for you to do with the way yours are wired. Try this method first and see if that does the trick.

Mine have gone off sync a couple of times and because I liked it as a change I just left it alone and the two caught up with each other in acouple of days. Beyond "rebooting" as mentioned above I would try using the manual method of switching i.e.: on/off the requesit number of times to achieve the desired setting as well as doing the same through the EZ touch menu. If memory serves me right it was when I was playing with the manual switching that I forced the lights out of sync. If you don't want to involve the PB , Pentair's telephone support is really good once you connect. Connection can take some time.

...edit.... Looks like you got an answer

Update - had pool builder add a second transformer and wire the lights to operate separately. Now they turn on and off separately as they should and I can control each individually. Here's where it gets screwy. They still would not sync. No matter what we did, no sync. Out of pure frustration I decided to drain down the spa and physically inspect the spa light. Noticed that it looked a lot different than the pool light. Sure enough, after close inspection, the pool light is an Intellibrite 5G and the spa light is a Hayward color logic. It's just slightly more than frustrating to find this. Now trying to work with PB to get the spa light replaced with the correct one. This is crazy.

The lights are out of sync and can not be synced through the EasyTouch because they are hooked to the same relay. That really was a poor method of installing the lights but was likely done to avoid purchasing a second transformer. Each light should be on its own relay.

Go to: Menu>Settings>Circuit Functions> Aux (the one the lights are connected to)> Set to Intellibrite.

The delay in the pool light sounds like color swim mode was activated and would be normal in that instance.

To sync the lights, open up the transformer and disconnect one of the lights and leave the other connected. Since this is the low voltage side, you should only need to disconnect the black "hot lead" (if they were 120V you'd need to disconnect both the hot and neutral lines or the GFI would trip). Turn the power on and set the light to green (or any other color). Now do the same with the other light (with the previous one disconnected), turn the power on and set to to the same color as before. Turn the power off, reconnect everything, and turn the lights on. They should be on the same sequence now.

There is a way to reset the lights but it would be very difficult for you to do with the way yours are wired. Try this method first and see if that does the trick.
Do you still subscribe to this method with the newer tech? Can't get mine to sync. Model # 619828

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.